October 27, 2010

Hello Goodbye

Fate certainly led me in an interesting direction last week as the birth of a beautiful baby girl perpetuated an impromptu trip to Target, or as I like to call it TargĂ©t. Yes, I went there for the sole purpose of finding a baby monitor, but first found myself trying on jackets-I cannot help myself! I ended up with two pieces that are definitely on the trend radar this season: A shearling-collar aviator coat and a cognac moto jacket. 

 
The aviator coat definitely is a statement piece which means you're better off pairing it with classic lines and neutral colors in order to keep the look more modern and chic. It is just too easy to look costume-y and ridiculous with this coat, but then again, that's probably why I like it so much. 



As for my other purchase, I'm really loving the cognac color right now because it easily blends well with browns and blacks, making color schemes more interesting. With archaic styling rules gone for good, living in this day and age of fashion is so freeing-it doesn't matter if you wear white after labor day, mix black and brown, or if you'd prefer to don your tights with open-toe shoes. At the end of the day no one really cares, and if they do then you're doing something right!



Target also offered me a little more than just merchandise. I quickly found out that Jessica Alba was shopping at that very same moment. Once again I couldn't help myself as I decided to nonchalantly walk by the aisle she was browsing. I only wanted one quick glance! No Target patrons bugged her for photos and/or autographs which pleased me immensely. It is extremely exciting to spot a celebrity out in the real world, but at the same time they are just people who might shop at Target.  And who wants to be pestered while doing mundane, everyday things? 

No comments: